1 (edited by at0m 2012-01-05 11:27:31)

Topic: chumby8 won't connect to WPA2-PSK (AES), but my other chumbies do

Maybe I put this in the wrong forum, but I've gotten no replies there, nor via email from support. WTF people? http://forum.chumby.com/viewtopic.php?id=7400

I've got a Sony Dash and a Chumby One, and both of them connect to my wireless just fine. It's a Linksys E3000 running in A/B/G/N mixed and WPA/WPA2-Personal mixed mode (for maximum compatibility with my various wireless devices). Both of the my current chumby devices had to be manually configured for WPA2-PSK (for some reason), but they both connect and have been connecting fine for many months now.
Just got a chumby8, and I can't get it online. Even sitting right next to the router, it sees the SSID (full bars), but either in automatic or manual setup, it refuses to connect. Says my connection may be down or I may have typed the wrong passphrase (neither is true). I can't set the encryption type other than WPA2-PSK (can't set AES vs TKIP), and not even WPA-PSK works.
Help?
[edit] Even tried doing an offline update of the software to the latest version, still no dice. NOTE: your directions are messed up, on the release notes page you say to rename the file to update.tgz (which doesn't work). Leaving it as update.zip does, though.
Still need halp! [/edit]
Last edited by at0m (2011-12-09 01:13:29)

Re: chumby8 won't connect to WPA2-PSK (AES), but my other chumbies do

My chumby8 worked fine for several months and then suddenly had the same problem.  I have tried contacting Chumby customer support multiple times, but do not receive any response.

Re: chumby8 won't connect to WPA2-PSK (AES), but my other chumbies do

The last response I got said they just reorganized support, and there's only one guy actually answering emails right now. Probably super overworked would be my guess.

I'm disappointed.