Re: Some apps not updating; not showing current info: more info for T/Sing

I'd be interested in particular what you find out about the NOAA widget, which is one of mine (not chumby's), even with caching on.  The weather feed from NOAA only changes at most once an hour for current conditions, and at most very three hours for forecasts, so you should not expect any changes more frequent than that.  Even then, the data itself is ofter the same, especially if the station reports less frequently.

Hi a good update!  After setting the CacheSize to 0 it appears that the news feeds are current!

Now if the Chumby team has time to polish the using the Chumby to read the news would be a pleasant experience.

Thanks for the tech support. 

Happy Holidays.

Any progress on this or idea how to fix? The work-a-round works (making the flashplayer.cfg file with a HTTPChaceSize of zero) but I just got another Chumby 8 two days ago and it upgraded to the latest firmware on it's own, but this morning it was showing the wrong info for wOOt; therefore I had to make the said file and edit it.
Thanks, Matt

I was working with Syd on a fix.  He was analyzing the cache statistics from my chumby, he also sent me several firmware updates for my chumby to help him collect data better (the update were not meant to fix the problem).  Thing is, he told me he got a new position within Chumby and wouldn't be able to help with the problem anymore.  He said he forward the info to his manager.  So I guess we will never see a fix. sad