Topic: Various Flash resources

Hey folks - I'm new here and counting off the days until my Chumby gets here (just orded it tonight!)

That being said, I'm not new to Flash - I've been using it for around 9 years now, speak about it at conferences multiple times a year, helped write a few books on it and consult with Adobe about new versions of it. In fact the primary work of my company is, you guessed it, Flash!

So - I wanted to kick off my introduction to the Chumby community with some resources that I think would be helpful to others.

SWX
--
First off, there's SWX - a data exchange format based on SWF. This lets you get much more data, faster from a server than just about any other method. Plus it's all open source.

OSFlash
--
Open Source Flash. That says it all. There are tons of projects including SWF building tools, ActionScript libraries, and all sorts of other goodies.

Adobe Mobile & Devices Developer Center
--
News you can use from the mothership. Tons of really awesome info direct from Adobe. Since FlashLite 3 is pretty new to everyone this is a great place to learn what 3 brings to the table.

I'll add more as they come to me (and some book recommendations as well!)

Oh - and if anyone is going to be at Flash on the Beach, FITC Winipeg, or FITC Toronto stop me and say hi! (and bring your Chumby - I'll be bringing mine!)

Re: Various Flash resources

New one -

FlashLite LiveDocs
--
All the FlashLite docs in one handy, online place. You can also pull down PDFs of the docs.

Adobe Flash Support Center
--
Here you can download the FlashLite Update for Flash CS3 Professional, which adds templates and documentation for using FlashLite into the Flash environment.

And one more for the night...

DENG
--
"DENG is an award-winning, open source Modular XML Browser, capable of rendering subsets of XHTML, SVG, XForms, XFrames, arbitrary XML (e.g. RSS) and any other custom XML application, styled by CSS 3." Yeah. You read that right.

Hey Branden! Nice to see you here.

www.scottjanousek.com/blog | scottjanousek.mobi
Adobe Flash Lite Certified Training Instructor | Adobe Community Expert - Mobile & Devices
Coauthor, Foundation Flash Applications for Mobile Devices - www.flashmobilebook.com
O_o ... Enjoy your chumby!

Cool to see Branden here.  Now all we need is Philip Torrone to attach a Chumby to his Segway. j/k  Does anyone know if this OS will have the ability to install AIR when it goes mobile?