Topic: Choosing devices

I would really like to have control over where my apps land concerning device types.  What is the trick?  I have tried adding multiple swfs (the same one) to see if I could filter it that way, but it seems that it breaks when you do that.  All my 3.5 users lost connection, but the IC8's were fine.  Perhaps that part needs to be run through a few more iterations.

I was trying to filter out Dash users due to some inconsistencies, but wanted to unlock CL on the 8 inch.  Now I have a number of new users on Dash devices which makes it very tricky now, especially regarding support.  Anyway looking for workflow suggestions.

-dev

Re: Choosing devices

Uploading multiple SWFs (the same SWF even) where each one targets a particular device type is the recommended way to accomplish this.

3 (edited by cbreeze 2011-03-03 10:59:21)

djchumby wrote:

Uploading multiple SWFs (the same SWF even) where each one targets a particular device type is the recommended way to accomplish this.

Didn't seem to work for me.  I uploaded one file for 3.5's and one for IC8 (same swf).  Once it propagated, the 3.5's could no longer connect.  Once I set everything back to one file, and all devices, everything worked fine again.  But of course that's not what I am looking for.

To be honest, a check-box system would make it a lot easier.

-dev

Sounds like a bug has recently been introduced on the server side.  We'll have to investigate.