Topic: Please help! I'm stumped.

I dusted off my Chumby, and installed some old code I wrote approximately 2 years ago. It was just a small local widget I used for querying some game servers. It used the PHP binary that was posted here, and some awkward flash. I say awkward because this code was my first Flash project - ever! ( wrote specially for this project! )

Despite that, about 2 years ago, I source-safe'd the code and binaries - and up until yesterday, I hadn't touched it. I restored everything yesterday, all the files, put them on the USB drive, plugged it in, and now all I'm getting on the Chumby is the background picture that was originally displayed in the SFW.

The PHP isn't running, I know this because it's not outputting the server data text file. And the flash isn't showing any of the formatted output it should be.

Has anything changed in the last couple years that would cause this? Or am I just missing something obvious? Thanks!

Re: Please help! I'm stumped.

It's possible that you just need to recompile your binaries - at one point we switched to EABI, with a new, faster, toolchain.  Old binaries compiled with the old toolchain will not work unless built statically (ie completely self-contained, unlikely with PHP).

See this thread.

Most of the development tools posted on the wiki were updated accordingly.

3 (edited by nofix 2011-02-23 14:41:01)

Re: Please help! I'm stumped.

You wouldn't be able to do a recompile on the PHP binary for an old buddy, would you? Maybe I'll bump that old thread with the hope that someone else already has smile

edit: n/m, it was hidden in the forum smile cool. it works wink thanks again!