Topic: Increasing number of dissapearing widgets

Other than the Weather Channel dissapearing (for a really good reason, the cost to provide)

It seems like theres a lot of useful widgets that are no longer avalible.. Im seeing the warning/grey exclamation screen with quite a few widgets lately?

Are there plans to encourage some of these providers to come back, or some replacement widgets becoming available

(various news feeds with dedicated widgets, some fun widgets, rolling stone, etc)

Re: Increasing number of dissapearing widgets

The "under construction" placeholder signifies that the app has been deemed broken beyond usefulness in its current state.  Most times this is because of URL, HTML or API changes upstream.  In each case, the developer of the app has been notified of the problem, encouraged to respond, and even provided suggestions when available.

If and when the developer chooses to address the issue the app will of course be once again made available.

You can encourage developers to maintain the existing apps that you love by rating them highly and also leaving appreciative/suggestive/funny comments online in the app catalog!

Re: Increasing number of dissapearing widgets

it would be nice if there was a commercial system in place to tip the authors and an upload system where the authors could upload the code and store it privately/publicly whatever they wanted.  ive dropped a few widgets up to which i dont have the code anymore so i cant update even if i wanted to. a tip of 50 bucks or so would go a long way or even a dump of the code so someone more motivated could hack on it.
rating apps is meaningless and do comments really motivate anybody ? i dont even visit my widget pages anymore.