Topic: Hawking is a Compatible wifi replacement (infocast 3.5)

Confirming that the Hawking-HWUG1 is totally plug compatible with the internal wifi module. I did remove the internal wifi module first. Booted just like before. I got the Hawking because it has an external antenna.

I got mine at Amazon for $40.

Re: Hawking is a Compatible wifi replacement (infocast 3.5)

Just for completeness, could could you check the FCC ID for a version number and post it?  I was recently burned because a "known compatible" WiFi dongle changed chip set without changing the part number, branding, or anything.  The only way to tell the difference between the compatible and incompatible dongles is to examine the FCC ID with a magnifying glass (yes, the font is Flyspeck 3 or something....) and/or to note that the Windows driver is a different size for that version.  Sneaky people, those WiFi dongle makers.

Anyway, thanks for the info, because I've been looking for a compatible external antenna WiF

Re: Hawking is a Compatible wifi replacement (infocast 3.5)

n6nz wrote:

Just for completeness, could could you check the FCC ID for a version number and post it?  I was recently burned because a "known compatible" WiFi dongle changed chip set without changing the part number, branding, or anything.  The only way to tell the difference between the compatible and incompatible dongles is to examine the FCC ID with a magnifying glass (yes, the font is Flyspeck 3 or something....) and/or to note that the Windows driver is a different size for that version.  Sneaky people, those WiFi dongle makers.

Anyway, thanks for the info, because I've been looking for a compatible external antenna WiF

HWUG1 FCC ID: NDD957318S607