Topic: My 2 cents about my Chumby

I've just received my Chumby.

The device is OK, the material is nice, it's small, so it's perfect for night table,  Flash animations are good, screen is not perfect (old resistive one) and it lacks some hardware buttons (brightness on/off for example). Maybe I should have bought a Sony Dash.
Setup is simple and easy to follow.
OS lacks international support, no european languages translation, too few european widgets sad
Chumby works fine but it lacks some options (WIFI On/Off (for the night during sleep), automatic dim/Night mode after xx AM, support for HTML 5 widgets ?, the ability to send a message to our chumby ou to a friend (like SMS)).
FM Radio doesn't work in France, it displays wrong radio names (US ones ?) and the radio station doesn't cast, I can't listen to it. Does it need an update ?

So, I'm quite happy with it as a radio clock, but it lacks some features and polish to be more useful to me.

2 (edited by steelpaw 2011-01-18 12:19:16)

Re: My 2 cents about my Chumby

ShowMeHowToLive wrote:

Chumby works fine but it lacks some options (WIFI On/Off (for the night during sleep), automatic dim/Night mode after xx AM.

I totally agree with you that wifi on/off would be a great feature.
You can set an alarm so that the Chumby automatically goes into Night Mode in the morning (for example, after you leave the house to go to work). You just set the sound for the alarm at 'None' and the action after the alarm at 'Night Mode On'. Set another silent alarm later in the day so that the Chumby will be displaying something interesting when you get home.