Topic: BB8 Mid-Dec 2010 update: What is on it?

Infocast/BB8
Is this the Dec16th update?
Eitherway, what was done/fixed/changed; anyone know?

TIA, Matt

Re: BB8 Mid-Dec 2010 update: What is on it?

For most devices, there is no change in behavior.  For a small number of devices, the update fixes the ability of the system to detect the hardware version and device ID.  There were two user-facing symptoms of this problem - downloading of the incorrect Control Panel on startup, and repetitive requests for activation/registration.

Thanks Duane and thanks for the fast and detailed answer too!

Hmm  I think that I just returned one unit today for this issue..  I had isolated it down to the cpi command failing to retrieve the ID, and had thought that it had a flakey hardware connection (it had worked a time or two, but that was it).  I have four other units that all worked just fine (in this respect at least), but only one that had this problem.

Now, if you could just find some cure for my networking issue!  I'm currently having more and more problems downloading a control panel correctly.  I'm getting about one success for every 60 tries or so.  The new update doesn't solve this issue at all (I've given up trying to do the update over the air, but download the file with some other computer and put it onto a USB drive)...