Topic: Flash MP3 Players work!

I downloaded A4Desk Flash MP3 Player builder Demo to see if it would build something that would work on the chumby and it did!

So my belief is that you could use pretty much any flash-based mp3 player so the trick is to find one that will automatically build playlists.

I encourage everyone who wants music on the chumby to check this out!

Justin

Re: Flash MP3 Players work!

I'm intrigued Justin.  You said you got it working, will it stream music?  If so, from a local source, or from the internet?  I like the player layout, it would be awesome if it could have touch control.
However, I would love to see the Chumbians release a Flash MP3 player programmed into the Chumby software.  I envision another button or something via the Music menu, and the ability to play 'net radio, or local MP3s from my network and/or flash drive.  I think it would be awesome.  I'm pretty sure there is something in the works along these lines, since BTplay is working well on the Chumby, but so far, no software updates for awhile, and no new news.

"We will find a way, or we will make one."

Re: Flash MP3 Players work!

It will not receive streaming music.  It plays music off the USB drive.  The only way to get streaming music that I know of right now is to use the btplay command from SSH.

I'm with you.  I wish it was already there from chumby.

Justin