1 (edited by lesliew 2010-12-02 21:39:56)

Topic: No Network Devices under Music

Just purchsed my infocast 8" today.  BB had it on sale again.

Three audio related things. I don't get why they are missing.

Why no Network Devices under music, I can't play music from the music folders on my NAS. 

No mt-daapd support for itunes

Also can't seem to work out how to stream music from Squeezeserver, seems to be supported on the chumby but not on the infocast.

I wouldn't say I brought it just for listening to music but these seem like some serious omissions.

Re: No Network Devices under Music

lesliew wrote:

Why no Network Devices under music, I can't play music from the music folders on my NAS. 

No mt-daapd support for itunes

Also can't seem to work out how to stream music from Squeezeserver, seems to be supported on the chumby but not on the infocast.

I wouldn't say I brought it just for listening to music but these seem like some serious omissions.

Please contact support at http://insignia.chumby.com/pages/help_support and they will assist you

CWard wrote:
lesliew wrote:

Please contact support at http://insignia.chumby.com/pages/help_support and they will assist you

Are you seriously suggesting that I contact BB in relation to what I wrote above.  You have got to be joking.

Those features are not currently supported on the Infocast- Best Buy chooses the features for that product, so you really need to let them know what you want.  It doesn't do any good to just tell us since it's not our product.

I built mt-daapd a while back for the 3.5" chumby devices - it builds pretty easily and should work on the Infocast without any problems.

Check this thread.