Topic: Insider Launch?

Will you be putting out the Email right when you open the store or will it come out a day or so before so that if people don't check their email till nighttime or in the morning they will be ready?

Re: Insider Launch?

So, who out there has received their Insider's Launch device? Please let us know how things turned out. Are there any differences than the First 50?

I'm due to get my Chumby on the 25th.  I've included some details on the process so far over in this thread: http://forum.chumby.com/viewtopic.php?id=580

They've opened a store and have already been sending out e-mails.  I'm not sure how many a day or anything but I think they're doing it in waves according to the order people signed up for the newsletter.

And from what I understand they've sold out of the stock they had and are back ordering all three colors already.

I'm just happy I placed my order before that happened!

Guys...i will be getting it on 9/25 as well. Have'nt seen the beta or first 50 chumbies....so can't comment. If u r in bay area...PM me and i can show you my chumby when i get it.

okay, so people have their chumbys now. can we get some vids/pics of the event?

Ack! This is AGONIZING. UPS has had my flippin' Chumby in KY for THREE days now! What gives?? Oh, how I despise UPS (till they deliver it of course, then I'll have to rethink things).  I thought it would come early, but UPS is going to do what it traditionally does for me... Hold the item at the hub for 3-5 days until the item is about to be late, and shove it on the last plane to CT, then drive maniacally to Boston to deliver it. I've seen them do this a few times. They get it from KY to MA in less than 6 hours, when they finally decide to do it... ACK! 

Okay, Enough venting.

I have been gazing lovingly at those unboxings.... I don't think I'll have much more of interest to add, but  I'll put it up anyhoo. I get a different cross section at my site probably than these other people... so maybe I'll be exposing Chumbiness to a whole new crew.

I *do* have to say... one last time... waiting for the UPS man is a LOT more agonizing than waiting for the golden ticket was. Chumby was figurative in the "pre-golden ticket" stage. Now it's oh so real and juuuust out of reach!

shoe

'Me too" big_smile

Sorta, anyway.  Mine is apparently en route from Alaska to Louisville.  Short hop from Louisville to Cincinnati, so I'm hoping I'll beat the 10/12 scheduled delivery date.  Can't wait to move the old clock/radio out of the way on my nightstand!

Hopefully, we'll get some user discussions going here before too long.  I can only read a few posts in the developer area before my eyes glaze over.

Chumby birthdate: 10/11/07

Mine is stuck there as well tongue. I hope they are all getting along together in KY.

God does not care about our mathematical difficulties; He integrates empirically.  ~Albert Einstein

Tux wrote:

Mine is stuck there as well tongue. I hope they are all getting along together in KY.

Maybe this is the new enhanced manufacturing technique - put them all in a small room and see if they multiply on their own.

smile

:: Mark

That's heartening (as much as it is heartbreaking!) to know that my poor Chumby is not shivering all by himself on a cold UPS-owned tarmac somewhere... He has at least two other Chumbys to keep him company!

American of African UPS pigeon?

God does not care about our mathematical difficulties; He integrates empirically.  ~Albert Einstein

ACK! Every morning I wake up hoping during the night the UPS Pigeon has picked up our chumbys and brought them a little closer to their destinations.... Yet this is now morning #4 and it hasn't happened. Something tells me our UPS Pigeon has been out drinking, and calling off work!

They really *are* going to wait till the last minute. Then they're going to take some responsible, hardworking pigeon off his post, and make him flap his wings double time to deliver Chumbys in one night. He's a UPS PIGEON, for the love of jessup, NOT SANTA CLAUS!

In all seriousness, I do prefer USPS. I mean, they're kinda crappy too, because there is no real tracking except for EMS packages... Just delivery confirmation... But I've found USPS 9 times out of 10 uses faster pigeons (hawks? quail?) than UPS.

Sigh. Looks like another Chumbyless day for me.

13 (edited by derspiess 2007-10-10 07:50:45)

UPS, despite what they may claim, does not always update their tracking info so that you see it in 'real time'.  At this point, I just hope I get mine Friday as scheduled!

I agree... I have some UPS horror stories. Just hope my Chumbucket (hee hee) doesn't become one of them. My favorite was the time they called us and told us our address didn't exist... We told them the house didn't pick up and move since the delivery they dropped off the day before.

I did just email them today. I know I won't get an answer because technically the package isn't late, as of yet. But I do get worried when it seems to be suspended in mid air somewhere between Anchorage and Louisville! smile Maybe there's a plane full of Chumbys circling Kentucky.

I registered just to post this.  Yeaaaaaa...Chumby has left Kentucky.  They must be dizzy from circling that whole time.

smile

Yeah, mine too.... The import scan in KY came about an hour or two after I wrote to UPS. (Probably unrelated, but hey.... either way, Chumby's on its way!) It left for Boston at 4 this afternoon! Yeeehah!

shoe

Mine was 'import scanned' at 1:30 this afternoon but nothing's listed after that.  As long as it gets to the local facility here in Cincy by tomorrow night, I should be good.

Hey derspiess... Mine was scanned at the  same time. I'm bettin' there was a pile of at least four or more chumbys UPS put on the back burner for a few days till they got sick of looking at the little pile of boxes.

My chumby's hanging out in Windsor Locks CT this evening. It looks like it should make it to Boston by morning (she says hopefully). We're usually last on the UPS route, but by this time tomorrow, Chumby should be here.

I did finally get  a response from UPS. Said, essentially, "You can check your tracking information here:" and "It takes four business days to transport an expedited package." (Which should put us at, oh, tomorrow!)

Checked the tracking info this morning and my chumby is on the truck for delivery!  This will probably feel like one of the longest work days ever.

Yup, mine too.

The UPS man never shows in the neighborhood till after 3... Since I'm home today anyway I'll be watching for him... I'm just hoping he puts it on the back porch, as opposed to leaving it on the front in the rain.

I was wondering if it could be possible if my spam filter caught the chumby invite because I signed up for more info back in July and still no email and I am starting to wonder.  Is there any way that you guys can check to see if I was sent an email?  My gmail that I used to sign up for it is ncoop23.  Thank you.

Ncoop... For reference, I signed on about the second week of April (07) and got my invite last week... So if you signed up in July 07, you might have a little bit longer to wait. I hope the chumby folks can check for you to be sure, but I thought that might ease your mind?

take care
shoe

I'm quite sure that my invitation got lost somewhere. I registered in February and still haven't got it. I fear I will have to wait for the official launch sad

We're sending invite emails to the "contact me when chumby is available" list, not the "convince us to give you a free prototype chumby" list, because, well, there aren't any more free prototype chumbys.

I hope they are all getting along together in KY.