Topic: Chumby One - Alarm makes no sound

Have had other issues with instability of the Chumby One, but it has improved vastly except in this regard (since the latest update I haven't noticed any of its persistent freezes or random dual widget overlays where it shows two widgets at once each at about 50% opacity or random wifi dropouts 15 feet from the router, but they have been present since late last year and I only expect them to continue). Multiple contacts to support have involved simply reloading the software over and over in a variety of manners with no actual attempt to diagnose issues or solve the problem, but since that appears to be a complete dead end, this is my current issue:

Frequently the Chumby will not make any noise associated with the alarm window regardless of whether the volume is up or down when the alarm goes off. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Re: Chumby One - Alarm makes no sound

Please describe the nature of the alarm - is it a quick alarm or a custom alarm, and if custom, can you please supply the information on the "info" screen for that alarm?

That will help us pin down the issue.

The issue is intermittent in general, it will sound properly multiple days in a row and then not one day. It is a custom alarm.

Alarm name: Weekdays at 6:30
When: Weekdays at 6:30 am
Audio: Play "Klaxon"
Audio Duration: 15 minutes
Backup alarm: Off
Alarm/snooze screen: On
Snooze: 5 minutes
After alarm: Set night mode off

I've also had it set differently in the past with the backup alarm on and will find that after it did not sound, it would eventually sit on the backup alarm screen, and when clearing that screen away the device sometimes restarts.

When you used the "backup alarm", was it also not making sounds when it sat on "Tap the screen" screen?

5 (edited by Tegeril 2010-12-06 13:23:25)

Yes, it would just sit on that screen silently (this has also occurred on my original Chumby, not just the One).

Hmmm, what's interesting about this is that the backup alarm is very low level - a *lot* of things would have to be failing on the device for that to fail, and the implementations on the Classic and Chumby One are different.  We've never seen a failure like this - we'll see if we can reproduce it.

I appreciate the effort - thanks. If it occurs again I'll be sure to make a note of the details and any extraneous details. It's definitely intermittent which never helps in diagnosing anything.

I am having this exact same issue with my chumby One, although mine also has the same issue with quick alarms.

How likely is it that these issues are caused by the known Flash bug, and is a fix coming for it any time soon?

Thanks.

It does not appear to be an issue with Flash, but rather something either in the Control Panel or music player.  We're not sure which yet.