Re: OpenEmbedded for Silvermoon devices

I let the smoke out of my serial console cable so I won't have one of those for a couple more days to figure out if the serial console works.

Try changing the Kernel command line to read "console=/dev/tty0".  I believe you can actually hex edit the ROM image to accomplish this, as it's currently set to "console=/dev/ttyS0".  That'll get you a console on the LCD, rather than through a serial cable.

With a recent update and purge of Openembedded, I got an xfce build to succeed, however once I started putting in the apps I actually needed into the build, it's screwing up again. Since ChumbyLurker is working on builds with Python, maybe you'd be able to help me? I'm getting the following errors, which are bizarre since I've removed ALL references to this library in hopes of fixing it:

ERROR: QA Issue with python-sqlite3: package python-sqlite3 contains bad RPATH /stuff/output/sysroots/armv5te-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib in file /stuff/output/work/armv5te-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/python-2.6.5-ml12.3/packages-split/python-sqlite3/usr/lib/python2.6/lib-dynload/_sqlite3.so
ERROR: QA Issue with python-sqlite3: package python-sqlite3 contains bad RPATH /stuff/output/sysroots/armv5te-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib in file /stuff/output/work/armv5te-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/python-2.6.5-ml12.3/packages-split/python-sqlite3/usr/lib/python2.6/lib-dynload/_sqlite3.so

53 (edited by violetdream 2011-03-05 18:49:15)

edit : actually got an XFCE build to work - it just didn't work with startx, I had to do startxfce4.

The ts_calibrate works on this build but it is still inverted! Has anyone got a fix for this?

Nevermind, got wireless and touchscreen to work after looking at tips on this thread. (scaled_touchscreen and setrate for wireless)

I need to be able to compile things on the device, so I installed gcc, etc (is there an equivalent to build-essential that I'm missing in OE?). When I start the device, there is nothing to be found having to do with this. This isn't just the case with gcc - I also tried xfce4-power-manager and mysteriously it is not there. Don't know what to do about this.

I am going to try to use opkg to install the stuff manually, however the image size is so small. Is there a way to force the two partitions it creates to be bigger? I'm going to try to increase one, but it seems like that may not be great as they seem mirrored in a way.

I've set up the newest bitbake and openembedded but I get passed this error.

bitbake helloworld
ERROR: Error parsing /home/marcusg/stuff/openembedded/recipes/perl/libhttp-cache-transparent-perl_1.0.bb: name 'chumby' is not defined
ERROR: Command execution failed: Exited with 1

This rings true with any image. Any ideas?