1 (edited by harmlessgryphon 2016-08-18 03:13:44)

Topic: .

Re: .

Keep an eye on it and let us know - if this happens again, please go the Music screen and see if it will let you shut it off there.

I've also experienced a change in alarm behavior since the update.  I have a chumby in my bathroom, and have it set to play a shoutcast channel when I'm getting ready for work in the morning.  This chumby frequently beeps instead of playing music (did this before the update), which doesn't make sense because my bedroom chumby plays the same channel with no issue, and the bathroom clearly has network connectivity because it shows the weather data without interruption.  But since the update, if it DOES play music on it's own with no problem, it will start beeping after a time period even though it's set up with no back-up alarm.  It didn't do this before.  I've gone through the alarm setup and confirmed it still shows the back-up alarm to be off.

Also, this same chumby plays a channel of random clocks, and since the update, it frequently locks up on the "Atmos Chrono" clock.  Did it twice yesterday.  Didn't do this before either.

4 (edited by magicwoody 2010-11-15 02:07:59)

Problem for me, too.

Chumby One Dimms at 9pm, enters Nightmode at 10:30pm and went back to daymode at 7pm.

Daymodeswitch is no Problem, but he stays dimmed.

This happens since update.

The only way to get full brightness is Controlpanel/Settings/Brighness and tapping the Slider once.

Strangely, after my chumby locked up twice on the "Atmos Chrono" widget, I modified that widget to not have any sound (something I had been meaning to do because it was too loud, and setting that widget to lower volume levels did nothing).  After that, it hasn't locked up again.  I don't know if the sound was the issue (wasn't before the update), or if re-sending the config did something, or if it is just coincidence.  But also strangely, after setting the Atmos Chrono widget to no sound, the other widgets that have sound effects also lost them.

Very interesting - someone else reported a similar widget sound issue.  QA is on it.

magicwoody wrote:

Problem for me, too.

Chumby One Dimms at 9pm, enters Nightmode at 10:30pm and went back to daymode at 7pm.

Daymodeswitch is no Problem, but he stays dimmed.

This happens since update.

The only way to get full brightness is Controlpanel/Settings/Brighness and tapping the Slider once.

Same problem! I used to be able to bring it out of 'dim' mode by pressing the top button in cycle. But the only way to get out of dim mode is to press brightness slider.
It has happened since this 'update'......

8 (edited by magicwoody 2010-11-18 03:23:29)

I've reconfigurated my alarms to dim at 9pm, nightmode at 10:30pm, daymode at 6:30am and full brightness at 7am.

Have an eye on it...

Runs now all well.

It seems that it's not enough to say "Daymode".... you have now set another alarm with "full brightness".. stupid, but ok..

I have been having a problem that seems to be related to overlapping alarms. I have my Chumby One set to turn on at 6:00 AM and play my "Wake Up" channel and a news radio station. At 6:06 AM, another alarm is supposed to activate and switch to a different radio station and a different set of widgets.

Sometimes, about 25% of the time, everything works right. Other times, the 6 AM alarm works perfectly, but, when the 6:06 alarm turns on, the new radio station will come one, but, the display is stuck on my "Wake Up" channel, and does not switch to the new channel, so I still get the 6 AM widgets. If this happens, usually, about 20 minutes later, the widgets will switch to the correct set. But, this isn't always the case. Sometimes, things just stay as they are for the rest of the day, until my 9 PM alarm goes off.

This problem seems to have been going on for a few weeks now. When I originally started using the Chumby last spring, everything worked just as I would expect.

The most frustrating thing is the randomness. I have tried different combinations of alarm settings, channels, and backup alarms, but nothing seems to make a difference.

same problem here:

backupalarm will beep, though normal alarm (radiostream) has been switched off in time or "off with music"-feature by likearaptor has been used.

when going to the music menu and pressing stop, backup alarm can be shut down.

all problems occur with the new cp solely

cu

kaba

OK, we're on it.

OK, I've fixed ehertz's issue.  Still working on some of the others.

I guess one issue I'm seeing in the thread is that there's no actual "day mode" (by which I mean a fully bright screen showing widgets as a single action). Whether or not you're in Night Mode has nothing to do with the dimness of the screen, except that Night mode will also dim the screen if it isn't dim already.  However, when you say "Night Mode Off" in an alarm, all that means is to take the device from the Night Mode screen and return it to widget play, and restore the dimness value that it would be if you weren't in Night Mode, which may also be the "dim" value you set the device in through an alarm.

It appears that people are interpreting "Night mode off" to mean more than just turning off Night Mode - they also seem to want to mean "screen bright".

This is much clearer on 3.7 Classics than on 3.8 Classics and Chumby One - I'll see if I can clean that up a bit.

Same problem here.  Chumby one (post update) has gotten into mode where the only way to get back to "normal" brightness is to touch the brightness (day) slider.  Otherwise, the unit keeps coming out of night mode dim, and is dim after a boot.  In fact, right now both night and day slider settings are so dim I can't see the screen at all.  Not good.

I should add that all alarms have been removed but the brightness problem continues.  This behavior began when I started experimenting with new alarms after the update.

Got the screen back by going in with ssh and copying the night brightness value to the day brightness value and rebooting.  However, even after setting day brightness back to a higher value, the unit stays at the night brightness value until the day brightness slider is physically touched again.  This happens every time.

Control Panel Beta v2.8.74 has been released!

Please go here for the release notes and instructions on downloading

Since the update I have twice had the problem that the alarm (plays pandora) will not shut off. My Chumby one seems to recognize the touch on the touch screen (soft button changes) but the alarm does not stop. The only way I have found to stop the music is to disconnect the power and pull the battery. Once it re-boots it is back to normal.

Tar, feathers, congress. Some assembly required.

I updated my control panel to the beta version before Thanksgiving and it solved my alarm problems on my original Chumby until I rebooted.  Now the alarm almost never works.  I spent about 15 minutes fiddling with it last night setting alarms in 2 minute increments and none of them worked.  I tried different settings too.  Then this morning, for the first time in several days, the alarm worked.  I don't see a pattern as to why.  I've been using Bird Song radio as my alarm if that is of any help and it plays just fine as music.

@Bolo - is this alarm a "music only" alarm - ie it does not display the "turn off alarm" screen?  If so, then that the way it's supposed to work - you have to go to the Music panel to turn off the music.

@sbradfor - let us know if it continues to work.  I'll see if I can reproduce the other things you're seeing.

Duane wrote:

@Bolo - is this alarm a "music only" alarm - ie it does not display the "turn off alarm" screen?  If so, then that the way it's supposed to work - you have to go to the Music panel to turn off the music.

@sbradfor - let us know if it continues to work.  I'll see if I can reproduce the other things you're seeing.

I have been using it for over a year without a problem. The screen for turning off the alarm or snoozing is displayed. The problem is touching the on screen button to turn off the alarm doesn't turn it off. MOST of the time the behavior is perfect. Like I said, only twice has it refused to stop playing. It is livable but it never happened before the update.

Interesting.  OK, I'll see if there's something going on there.

22 (edited by BoloMKXXVIII 2010-12-07 04:20:09)

Duane wrote:

Interesting.  OK, I'll see if there's something going on there.

FYI, it worked perfectly the last two days.

I have been running the beta 2.8.74 version of the control panel for a couple of weeks, and I can confirm that it works properly now when switching from one alarm to another (the problem I reported on 11/17/2010). It is a huge improvement over the previous stable version.

One thing that did happen on Thursday (12/16/2010) that was a little strange was that when my 6:06 AM alarm went off, instead of switching to my second radio station, the beeping audio alarm went off, instead of the audio stream. However, my alarm settings do not have the backup alarm set to go off. This is the only time this has happened, and it did not repeat the next day, so I can't reliably report this as a problem.

I was looking at the My Music player, and at the FM Radio options, and these are big improvements over what was there before. Thanks for making those changes.

Now, if you could reconfigure btplayer to allow a "pause" function, and, if you could add a timer to show how much of something has been played, that would be great. I like to listen to audiobooks, and there is nothing more annoying than stopping a 1 hour file after 45 minutes to do something else, and then have no way to get back to where you left off.

Any news on when the control panel will finish fixing the alarm issues?  I now get the alarm to work regularly, but it won't go back to night mode afterwards.  It has been doing this since the last update.

Thanks.

Shannon

Check your wireless and internet connections. Mine seems to do this when my internet connectivity becomes unstable (a frequent recent occurrence, unfortunately, and not related to Chumby).