Re: tv tuner

I got a Flash music player working.  A4Desk Flash Music Player Demo runs on chumby.  It won't stream though.  I tried getting it to stream and it worked in a browser, but not on chumby.  Even though the btplay would play the stream.  Is there some security thing with the chumby flash that is stopping it?  Playing from a local USB drive works.

Duane wrote:

Well, off the top of my head, I'd take advantage of the miniperl built into the chumby, and create a simple Perl program:

#!/usr/bin/perl
main();

sub main
{
 @lines = split(/\n/,`mp3.x mp3://usb`);
 foreach $line (@lines) {
  if ($line =~ '>mp3:\/\/(.*)<') {
    `btplay /mnt/$1`;
  }
 }
}

I'd put this in a file called "playmp3s.pl" and put it on my USB dongle

Then I'd make a 'debugchumby' file, with the contents:

#!/bin/sh
/mnt/usb/playmp3s.pl &

Then I'd stick some MP3 files on the dongle and boot with it.

But that's just me.

Awesome - I just did this. Works great! I was about to try and figure out how to write a program myself to do something like this when I ran across your post. Thanks!

Duane wrote:

OK, one thing I guess I need to mention is that the file must have UNIX-style line endings (linefeeds, not carriage returns), so you can't use, say, Notepad on Windows to create the file.  I know it's a pain in the ass, but that's the way Linux works.  There are some Windows text editors out there that will do this right, and Mac users can simply use the normal TextEdit.

Also, the name of the file should be 'debugchumby' with no extension (ie no '.txt').

Good info to know in using Windows to tweak files on the thumb/USB drive.

Just so other’s know a lil app called EditPlus (Google it) does the job.
1) Select File>New>Normal Text
2) Enter the needed code
3) Select "Save as"
4) Enter debugchumby with no .txt
5) Then the trick is to set the Encoding (bottom of "Save as" box) to Unicode.
6) Hit Save then load it up on your Chumby.

Chumbyon

Shane

29 (edited by ih8gates 2007-12-28 16:10:11)

open-source notepad++does a swell job too. just choose "convert to unix format" under the format menu to get the correct line terminations.