Topic: compiling nano-x on BB8

I am trying to compile nano x.  I downloaded the microwindows-0.91 source code and set the arch to LINUX-ARM and the armtoolsprefix to arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi- and when I compile I get this error:
Compiling drivers/obsolete.c ...
Creating library libmwdrivers.a ...
arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-ar: creating /mnt/storage/microwindows-0.91/src/lib/libmwdrivers.a
Creating shared library  ...
arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-ld: cannot open output file /mnt/storage/microwindows-0.91/src/lib/: Is a directory
make[1]: *** [/mnt/storage/microwindows-0.91/src/lib/] Error 1
make: *** [subdir-/mnt/storage/microwindows-0.91/src/drivers] Error 2

I run make again and it runs right through without a problem--which concerns me.

I also get alot of disconcerting warnings:

/mnt/storage/microwindows-0.91/src/mwin/bmp/makebmp.c:55: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'exit'
/mnt/storage/microwindows-0.91/src/mwin/bmp/makebmp.c:60: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'exit'
/mnt/storage/microwindows-0.91/src/mwin/bmp/makebmp.c:65: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'exit'
/mnt/storage/microwindows-0.91/src/mwin/bmp/makebmp.c:71: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'exit'
/mnt/storage/microwindows-0.91/src/mwin/bmp/makebmp.c: In function 'MakeBMP':
/mnt/storage/microwindows-0.91/src/mwin/bmp/makebmp.c:94: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'memset'

to get jpeglib to work which I built and installed to /mnt/storage, i have to edit the Makefile.rules to include -I/mnt/storage/include
and I get alot of disconcerting warnings when compiling like:
/mnt/storage/microwindows-0.91/src/engine/image_jpeg.c:109: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'strncmp' differ in signedness

I had to turn of freetype because I wasn't using it but when it got past that, I got the following error:

chumby-18-25-4c:/mnt/storage/microwindows-0.91/src # make
make[2]: Circular /mnt/storage/microwindows-0.91/src/lib/ <- /mnt/storage/microwindows-0.91/src/lib/ dependency dropped.
Compiling mwin/winevent.c ...
/mnt/storage/microwindows-0.91/src/mwin/winevent.c:18: error: static declaration of 'abs' follows non-static declaration
make[1]: *** [/mnt/storage/microwindows-0.91/src/obj/mwin/winevent.o] Error 1
make: *** [subdir-/mnt/storage/microwindows-0.91/src/mwin] Error 2

Re: compiling nano-x on BB8

So I commented out this line???  I guess I need to define something similar, and it goes right through...

#if !(DOS_TURBOC | DOS_QUICKC | _MINIX | VXWORKS)
static int
abs(int n)
{
        return n >= 0? n: -n;
}
#endif

now i get the following error:

Compiling nanox/clientfb.c ...
/mnt/storage/microwindows-0.91/src/nanox/clientfb.c:13:57: error: asm/page.h: No such file or directory
/mnt/storage/microwindows-0.91/src/nanox/clientfb.c: In function 'GrOpenClientFramebuffer':
/mnt/storage/microwindows-0.91/src/nanox/clientfb.c:102: error: 'PAGE_SIZE' undeclared (first use in this function)
/mnt/storage/microwindows-0.91/src/nanox/clientfb.c:102: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
/mnt/storage/microwindows-0.91/src/nanox/clientfb.c:102: error: for each function it appears in.)
make[1]: *** [/mnt/storage/microwindows-0.91/src/obj/nanox/clientfb.o] Error 1
make: *** [subdir-/mnt/storage/microwindows-0.91/src/nanox] Error 2
I tried finding the asm/page.h file, and tried looking to see if another include file had it but no luck.  Do i need to have the linux src available to compile these types of programs on the BB8 with the included toolchain?

found this page:

http://www.bitshrine.org/gpp/microwindo … ge-h.patch
I commented out asm/page.h include and put this inside one of the IFDEF LINUX blocks:

#define PAGE_SIZE sysconf(_SC_PAGESIZE)

I also had to do:
ln -s /mnt/storage/lib/libjpeg.so /usr/lib
ln -s /mnt/storage/lib/libz.a /usr/lib
since I built them there

ok this i'm lost on:

make[2]: Circular /mnt/storage/microwindows-0.91/src/lib/ <- /mnt/storage/microwindows-0.91/src/lib/ dependency dropped.
Compiling demos/nanowm/nanowm.c ...
Compiling demos/nanowm/events.c ...
Compiling demos/nanowm/wlist.c ...
Compiling demos/nanowm/clients.c ...
Compiling demos/nanowm/actions.c ...
Linking nanowm ...
/mnt/storage/gcc/usr/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/4.3.3/../../../../arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: /mnt/storage/microwindows-0.91/src/bin/nanowm: hidden symbol `__aeabi_uidiv' in /mnt/storage/gcc/usr/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/4.3.3/libgcc.a(_udivsi3.o) is referenced by DSO
/mnt/storage/gcc/usr/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/4.3.3/../../../../arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: final link failed: Nonrepresentable section on output
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [/mnt/storage/microwindows-0.91/src/bin/nanowm] Error 1
make[1]: *** [subdir-/mnt/storage/microwindows-0.91/src/demos/nanowm] Error 2