Topic: Image dissolve between apps

If the images of the different apps would smoothly dissolve over a short period of time (1/4 to 2 seconds, maybe), it would look a whole lot nicer than the FLASH BLACK, FLASH ON that I so frequently see.

Re: Image dissolve between apps

The problem is that the device can only run one widget at a time, and a crossfade would require both the new and old ones to be around.

However, I'll see if there's some other effect that might be more pleasant than the current "flash" you describe.

Duane wrote:

The problem is that the device can only run one widget at a time, and a crossfade would require both the new and old ones to be around.

However, I'll see if there's some other effect that might be more pleasant than the current "flash" you describe.

Fade widget 1 to black, then fade widget 2 from black .... would that be possible?
Mal

That may be possible, by fading the backlight - that would work on the Chumby One and the 3.8 versions of the Chumby Classic, but not the original 3.7 Classic.

What about taking a screenshot of the running widget and show this until the next widget is loaded? Is this possible? Or you could fade the current widget to the preview image of the next widget and then start the next widget.