Topic: I am 13 and I love chumby!

Hey all! I just wanted to make a quick post and say that I love the chumby! I think that it will do great! I love the packaging! You guys (and girls) did a very great job on this! I noticed that Susan Kare worked on this, she worked on the apple, I am a machead so I am getting this since it has some mac history. I applied for the beta test I said that they should have some kids and tweens on here to since those are the majority or the people that are going to buy it. But, I didn't get it. I tried to apply for the first 50, but no luck. sad So I guess I have to shell out the $180. I plan on buying the 'latte' version. Me and my dad are going to try to make some simple game for it, it will be fun. I think that's all, bye! I am counting down the days until chumby!!!
Your chumby fan,
Chandler

mmm....chumby...

Re: I am 13 and I love chumby!

Not too long to wait until you can get one, Chandler! Hang in there, it's worth the wait! wink

Thank you! Could you get me a free chumby, please? Hahaha, just joking (but seriously a free chumby would be awesome)

mmm....chumby...

For some reason, the kids (13 years old) in my area seem to think that the chumby is really dumb.
they like it until they learn more about it, and then they hate it.

on the other hand, the adults think its dumb until they learn more about it, and then they love it.

Not even the 'nerds' like it!

chandler, do you have the same thing going on?

how coukd I introduce the chumby for it to appeal to everyone?

In our experience, people of that age range inevitably try to compare the chumby to a Sony PSP or Nintendo DS, and find it lacking in functionality for game play.

I got my friend's girlfriend interested in the chumby!
i guess girls play less video games...

Is this really targeted at teens?

Interesting... I never would have guessed.

We don't target Chumby at teens.  Doesn't mean they can't use it and enjoy it (and nice to hear that some do!) -- just that we're not making content and product decisions primarily focused upon them.  Because of that, as I've said elsewhere, if a teen (or younger child) will be getting one, a responsible parent should be involved in creating the account and understanding the content going on a chumby, who the teen's "chums" are, etc.  The same kind of care should be taken as in any case involving content on the Internet.