Topic: Dark Night Clock control

Given all the comments about the brightness of the night clock, and the dark mode, could Chumby just make a brightness control for the night clock? It would be so easy. Instead of the clunky choice between "regular" night clock and "dark" mode. For me, regular night brightness is too bright. But Dark mode – can't see the time. So I have a clock-radio nearby. Isn't that stupid? A Chumby with a clock designed for night, but I have to use an old fashioned clock-radio too?

Re: Dark Night Clock control

The more recent Classics (I think 2008 onwards) and the C1 do have a brightness control for Night Mode. Control Panel  > Settings > Brightness.

Re: Dark Night Clock control

I checked. You're correct. I had already adjusted it to the lowest point. But the sensitivity of the slider is terrible. At about 1 centimeter from the left side (the total black side), the brightness is either bright equal to the setting of that point, or dark. There is no smooth decreasing dimness. From the 1 cm point and up, yes, it can be adjusted. But it cannot be made dim enough. In other words, from "0" sliding up 1cm, it is all black. Then it becomes visible, at a brightness that is too bright
(This is the same slider issue I'm having with the volume control.)