Topic: Lego integration?

So... I was thinking of other things that are generally hackable and thought about the Lego Mindstorms.  I don't know what useful things you could do with Chumby to interract with a lego robot, but could you if you wanted to?  I think you'd have to use a bluetooth dongle.

Maybe you could make a robot that "danced," and sent the moves the robot was supposed to perform by way of beats per minute from a song.  Or just chosen via touch from a few select options.  Or maybe you could rig a simple "robot" to open and close your shades.  You want them closed when it's dark?  Subscribe to the sunset/sunrise times from somewhere.

Is this kind of stuff within the real of possibility?

Re: Lego integration?

Bluetooth wise, no. Chumby doesn't have bluetooth.
However, it may be possible to use the chumby's microphone as an IR-in. With programming, you should be able to communicate over IR

Well ther are bluetooth USB dongles.

I thought the Lego Mindstorms system used a USB IR adapter.

The Lego Mindstorms NXT units are Bluetooth 2, and they should work. My Chumby works with a Kensington Bluetooth adapter and works fine with a Wiimote, so I don't see any reason this wouldn't work with the Mindstorm's unit. The firmware on the Mindstorm unit is also Open Source, so you could mod it to work better with Chumby if you so cared.