Topic: xm/sirius

I've read that the crux of not having this is wma support. I am not sure about the wma, be it license fees or what, but I assume the os could support it (iphone xm player does, which does not have native wma).

If it could play xm and act as a clock radio with that, I'd snap one up! All it can do and of course the one thing I want isn't there, figures!

2 (edited by tonyend2001 2011-01-18 16:31:02)

Re: xm/sirius

I tried getting Sirius/XM to look into developing an app for Chumby. Here's the dialog (best if read from the bottom up):

To: tonyxxxxxx@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Mon, Jan 17, 2011 4:00 am
Subject: User Feedback from xmradio.com [Incident: 110115-000612]

Recently you requested personal assistance from SIRIUS XM.

Below is a summary of your request and our response.

Thank you for contacting Sirius XM.

Subject
User Feedback from xmradio.com

Discussion Thread
Response (SiriusXM Customer Care)    01/17/2011 07:00 AM
Dear Mr. Lewis,

Thank you for contacting SIRIUSXM. We understand your frustration and we are here to assist you.

Unfortunately, we do not have an updates regarding the application for your Chumby. Rest assured that our subscribers for both Sirius and XM will be notified for any updates that may take place.

We are committed to providing you with the best in listener care. You can also manage your account online 24/7, by clicking here https://xmro-secure.xmradio.com/listenercare/login.xm.

If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to reply to this email.

Thank you,

Anne
SiriusXM Email Listener Care Team
1-800-XM RADIO (800-967-2346)
Customer By Email     01/17/2011 06:27 AM
Thanks for the reply, but your answer seems to be a generic form email and does not at all address my request. Of course I'm aware that you have phone apps and online streaming. My request was specifically for Sirius/XM to create an app for the Chumby. There's a lot of interest on the boards (i.e. http://forum.chumby.com/viewtopic.php?id=1692) and if you created one it would work on the Chumby , Best Buy's Infocast and Sony Dash since they all use the Chumby interface. I believe Sirius/XM could benefit
financially if they began looking at supporting these newer Internet appliances.
Please forward my request to whichever department handles creating the streaming applications.
Regards,
Anthony Lewis

Recently you requested personal assistance from SIRIUS XM.
Below is a summary of
your request and our response.
Thank you for contacting Sirius XM.

Subject
User Feedback from xmradio.com
Discussion Thread
Response (SiriusXM Customer Care) 01/17/2011 03:29 AM
Dear Mr. Lewis,
Thank you for contacting SIRIUSXM. Please accept our sincerest apology for any inconvenience this may have caused. We apologize for the delayed response.
We have been hard at work developing applications that allow you to stream great SIRIUS|XM content to your smartphone or portable media
player. Visit our Mobile Device Website to view our list of supported devices and to download the SIRIUS|XM Premium Online application free of charge!
If you're a SIRIUS or XM Premium Online subscriber then you are all set to go! Just download and install the application and begin to enjoy great SIRIUS|XM content on your device.
If you're a SIRIUS or XM subscriber but do not currently subscribe to our SIRIUS|XM Premium Online service, you can easily upgrade this service for just $2.99 per month (plus
tax). You can upgrade your service by calling Listener Care at 1-888-539-7474 where one of our Listener Care Representative would gladly assist you with this upgrade.
If you are not a current SIRIUS or XM subscriber, you can purchase a subscription to our Premium Online service for just $12.95/month (plus tax).
Certain channels are not available on mobile devices. See the Channel Guide.

We are committed to providing you with the best in listener care. You can also manage your account online 24/7,
by clicking here https://xmro-secure.xmradio.com/listenercare/login.xm .
Thank you,
Farrah
Customer By Email 01/15/2011 06:57 AM
The following feedback was submitted on Sat Jan 15 06:50:49 EST 2011
Category 1 = Customer Care
Category 2 = XMRO
Email Address = tonyxxxxx@xxxxxxx
Is Subscriber = true
First Name = Anthony
Last Name =
Lewis

The message submitted by the user is
======================
I have just bought a Chumby ( www.chumby.com ) and thought that it would be great if Sirius/XM would create an XMRO App for the Chumby. Looking through the Chumby comment boards I've seen several requests for XM and the reply has been that XM would need to create create an App. I think that it would be a potential revenue stream for Sirius/XM with very little effort.

The above email was sent From IP: xx.xx.xx.xx,
184.84.208.118, 10.98.3.5
Question Reference #110115-000612
Date Created: 01/15/2011 06:57 AM
Last Updated: 01/17/2011 03:29 AM
Response (SiriusXM Customer Care)    01/17/2011 03:29 AM
Dear Mr. Lewis,

Thank you for contacting SIRIUSXM. Please accept our sincerest apology for any inconvenience this may have caused. We apologize for the delayed response.
We have been hard at work developing applications that allow you to stream great SIRIUS|XM content to your smartphone or portable media player. Visit our Mobile Device Website to view our list of supported devices and to download the SIRIUS|XM Premium Online application free of charge!
If you're a SIRIUS or XM Premium Online subscriber then you are all set to go! Just download and install the application and begin to enjoy great SIRIUS|XM content on your device.
If you're a SIRIUS or XM subscriber but do not currently subscribe to our SIRIUS|XM Premium Online service, you can easily upgrade this service for just $2.99 per month (plus tax). You can upgrade your service by calling Listener Care at 1-888-539-7474 where one of our Listener Care Representative would gladly assist you with this upgrade.
If you are not a current SIRIUS or XM subscriber, you can purchase a subscription to our Premium Online service for just $12.95/month (plus tax).
* Certain channels are not available on mobile devices. See the Channel Guide.

We are committed to providing you with the best in listener care. You can also manage your account online 24/7, by clicking here https://xmro-secure.xmradio.com/listenercare/login.xm.

Thank you,

Farrah
Customer By Email     01/15/2011 06:57 AM
The following feedback was submitted on Sat Jan 15 06:50:49 EST 2011

Category 1 = Customer Care
Category 2 = XMRO
Email Address = tonyxxxxx@xxxxxxxx
Is Subscriber = true
First Name = Anthony
Last Name = Lewis

The message submitted by the user is
======================
I have just bought a Chumby (www.chumby.com) and thought that it would be great if Sirius/XM would create an XMRO App for the Chumby. Looking through the Chumby comment boards I've seen several requests for XM and the reply has been that XM would need to create create an App. I think that it would be a potential revenue stream for Sirius/XM with very little effort.

The above email was sent From IP: xx.xx.xx.xx

Question Reference #110115-000612
Date Created:     01/15/2011 06:57 AM
Last Updated:     01/17/2011 07:00 AM

[---001:005729:42203---]