Topic: Dim Screen Question

I know that I can set an alarm to dim the screen, but is there any way to have a dim alarm screen (the screen that says snooze etc) when the alarm comes on out of night mode? I wake up early and it's still dark outside and so when my alarm screen comes on it lights up the whole room. Any thoughts?

Re: Dim Screen Question

Good question.  I've wondered about this too.  That white screen is really bright at 5:30am.

Hmmm, the only way to do that at the moment is with a custom alarm screen.

Duane wrote:

Didn't we have another thread here about the possibility of a progressive-brightness alarm screen? Or did I imagine it?

That's what I'd like to see. Of course, I have a 2009 Chumby, and I know this won't be an option for the pre-2009 owners . . . but I can hope smile

I don't recall a request for either a dim alarm screen or a progressive brightness alarm screen, but that's probably due to my heavy use of mind-altering pharmaceuticals.

In any case, you're correct that pre-2009 chumbys would not be able to do progressive brightness.

I'll talk with Product Management about these.

Duane wrote:

Any thoughts on how to do this?

Duane wrote:

I don't recall a request for either a dim alarm screen or a progressive brightness alarm screen, but that's probably due to my heavy use of mind-altering pharmaceuticals.

In any case, you're correct that pre-2009 chumbys would not be able to do progressive brightness.

I'll talk with Product Management about these.

There was another thread on this, and the reason I remembered it was because I created it big_smile

Here it is, Escalating Brightness on Alarm . . . from April 1. I wonder if maybe that wasn't the best day to post the request wink

Ah yes - and I even responded.  Hmmm, I'll see what happened to the request.

is there something going on about this issue? the only way I see at the moment is to set the brightness of the day-mode to a lower level.