Topic: Release Notes - Control Panel 2.8.20
To run the Control Panel Beta on your chumby, select it from the popup menu on the website and reboot your chumby. To return to the release Control Panel, just reselect "Control Panel" (without the "Beta") and reboot your chumby.
You should review the release notes for Control Panel 2.8.17 and Control Panel 2.8.19 before using this beta.
If you are running a previous beta, simply reboot your chumby.
Release Date: 3/17/09
Summary: Adds new night mode events, adds new pluggable alarm screen actions, fixes shuffle button in My Music Files
* retains "shuffle" setting in My Music Files across restarts
* should properly handle dark->dim transitions for 3.7 hardware for units at the extremes.
* adds a "dark" and "dim" events to NightMode - simulates the behavior of the "DARK" button:
<event type="NightMode" value="dark" comment=""/> // turn off the display <event type="NightMode" value="dim" comment=""/> // turn the display to dim
NightMode must be active for these events to work.
* adds two new actions for the pluggable alarm ring screen:
- stopAlarmWithMusic() - stops the alarm, but continues to play the audio (use Music screen to shut off)
- resetBackupAlarm() - reschedules the backup alarm, but does not dismiss the current alarm.