Topic: Alarm oddness - couldn't switch it off, then alarms wiped

Had a very strange thing happen this morning which I've not seen before and can't find a report of on here, so thought I'd better mention.

I have a few custom alarms set up which go off at various times on weekdays. I also use the Quick alarm for when my other half needs to get up before me. This setup works fine and has been doing so for months now.

This morning the Quick alarm went off and I snoozed it using the top button. When it went off again 6 minutes later I attempted to dismiss it with the on-screen button but it wouldn't respond, the Chumby had locked up and the alarm just continued to sound. The only option was to reboot the Chumby, so I did so.

When my Chumby came back on, all of my Custom alarms had been wiped and the quick alarm was set to midnight.

I've reset all my alarms now, so no big deal but thought I'd report it in case anyone else had experienced the same behaviour. Is there a log or anything that would be useful for me to supply?

Re: Alarm oddness - couldn't switch it off, then alarms wiped

Hmmm, we've never seen that before.

Any steps we can use to reproduce this?

I couldn't say - I've had the same custom alarms set for months and I usually have the Quick alarm go off as well a couple of times a week without incident.

I'll try setting it for the same time in the morning and seeing if I can make it do it again.

Please do - we'd like to track this down!

If they ever seem to disappear again, don't make a new one until you can see if the /psp/alarms file is there.  If so, please email it to me - it's possible that something's corrupting it rather than erasing it entirely, and it would be helpful to see such a file in order to help fine the cause.

Thanks!

Nope - utterly failed to replicate the problem this morning... I'll keep an eye on it.

It did occur to me after I'd recreated an alarm that doing so may have overwitten something - I'll bear that in mind if it happens again. Is there a walk-through on how to get to the /psp/alarms file on the wiki somewhere?