1 (edited by servalan 2013-02-20 19:54:27)

Topic: url_streams containing all Internode quota free radio stations

I've crufted up a url list of all the Internode radio stations[1] for use in 'My Streams'.

To install:
Get SSH up & running on your chumby & login, then change directory to /psp:
chumby:~# cd /psp

Grab the streams definition file:
chumby:/psp# wget http://users.on.net/~servalan/url_streams-internode
--09:58:27--  http://users.on.net/~servalan/url_streams-internode
           => `url_streams-internode'
Resolving users.on.net... 203.16.214.120
Connecting to users.on.net|203.16.214.120|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 10,574 (10K) [text/plain]

100%[===================================================================================>] 10,574        38.67K/s

09:58:28 (38.54 KB/s) - `url_streams-internode' saved [10574/10574]

If you already have added radio streams to My Streams, take a copy of those as a backup:
chumby:/psp# mv url_streams url_streams.backup

Copy the downloaded streams file into place:
chumby:/psp# cp url_streams-internode url_streams

Now go to the Control Panel, Music, My Streams & you should have the 92 quota free Internode radio stations available.

You can edit the list to suit, & if you don't like it - restore url-streams.backup (chumby:/psp# cp url_streams.backup url_streams)

I'll try & keep this list up to date - contact me via these forums if it isn't - though you can easily edit the list if stations come & go.

Hope someone finds this useful & enjoy!

[1] In the antipodes Internet connections typically have monthly download (& sometimes upload) quotas. e.g. I have 40G a month d/l. Internode very generously rebroadcast radio stations which do not count towards download quota for their customers. So these are the stations I listen to lest I chew through large amounts of d/l quota. More info here.

Re: url_streams containing all Internode quota free radio stations

Nice work!

To be clear - this is useful only to Australian customers operating chumbys on the Internode network.  The stations are not accessible to anyone outside Australia, or within Australia using a different ISP.

Does anyone have a list of radio stations for non internode customers that work for Aussies?

Pretty much everything else in the music subsystem, with the exception of Pandora, should work for Aussies - however, they'll be metered per whatever your ISP charges, and depending upon the location of the stream you choose, you may see some latency.

I'd take a look at the SHOUTcast music source, and do a search for "Australia" if you're looking for local stuff.  Most of the more popular stations listed in the Internode source can also be found in the SHOUTcast directory.

Nice work servalan, I wonder why internode didn't give us the full list of stations in their default list...

As an aside you workaround also means that you can fire up unmetered radio from an alarm. For some reason (at least on my chumby) I don't have the internode radio entry in my alarm radio list.

Neither do I - so I used Servlans info to create a mystreams file that has the streams from Internode I listen to.

7 (edited by PaperClippy 2009-04-26 06:01:13)

I'm pretty sure that Duane clarified (I know I read it somewhere but can't find it atm) that the "Internode Radio" music source has been disabled from being able to be used as an alarm. I'm not sure this was on purpose (the disabling, not the clarification) but it's not a big deal as using my streams is possibly a better solution anyway...

Yes - you can't use the internode streams in an alarm but you can using mystreams file.