Topic: Quick way to select a channel from a limited list?

I'd really like a way to jump to a specific channel.  Or to a few specific channels.  Using the current control panel is cumbersome.  I'd like to have a grid-like screen with some widgets on it.  As channels can have quite a few widgets it would be necessary (or at least desirable) to have only a few of the total number of widgets shown.

I hit on the idea of using the top button combine with a screen tap.  As, hold the top button and then tap the screen (while still holding the button).  Have this pop-up the grid of widgets.

But this of course depends on whether or not the software will allow detecting the pressing and holding of the top button, then looking for a screen tap.

Re: Quick way to select a channel from a limited list?

This would be a great addition to the CP.  Chumby needs an express way of changing channels. Maybe voice input could finally be used for something...although I'll settle for a screen tap.

DUAAANNNNNEEEE! See, other people want you to put the screen tap back! They are even calling it "the screen tap"! I know you halfway got it back in there just for me in Beta, but I'm not geeky...I mean...smart enough to figure out how to do it so I am still wearing out that top button. I think it is just time to put it back altogether and call it a day! :-)

I just got a new BB8 and really like how it handles jumping between channels.  Much quicker than on the regular Chumby.   Granted, having a lot more screen resolution certainly makes it possible.  But I'll repeat my desire to have a better way to jump between channels and widgets on the regular Chumby.