Topic: European 230 Volt

Will it support 230V?  If it works off a power cube supplying 5V or 12V etc it is not a problem.

ZB

Re: European 230 Volt

Yes, it works off a 12VDC "wall wart".

The power supply we currently ship will work with 110VAC through 240VAC.

A "wall wart" is Americanese for universal AC->DC adapter, no?
Support for 230 Volts in europe is useless if it's the wrong socket... but if it can be used with any type of universal DC with exchangable end-plugs, it's all swell.

Yes - the chumby uses a very standard 2.1mm I.D. x 5.5mm O.D. x 9.5mm Female (P-5) barrel connector and runs off 1A at anywhere between 6.5 VDC and 14.5 VDC.

It would be simple to find a power supply pretty much anywhere that can do that.

That's nice. For us unfortunate enough to live across the pond, the Chumby might have to be aquired through a middle-man (lest he keep it for himself!) and thus fitted with the appropriate adaptor.

I'm in the UK, so I was in the same boat as you. Fortunately Chumby has a completely standard connector, and I've got my Alpha running from a PSU I found in a box of old PC speakers at work, which happens to be the same as one for a personal DVD player and an old 10Base-T hub I found in my attic. Even if the PSU that Chumby comes with isn't any good, you'll be able to pick one up for a couple of Euros at any electrical supplier.

Does the US and the UK have the same wall sockets? Cause here in Norway we got two round pins.

http://smijernsbua.no/images/1548275w.jpg

Like so.

Which is why a hardwired adapter of any sort would pose a problem. But it doesn't so this post doesn't really further the point of the thread. ;D