Re: How to get last.fm on chumby without another PC

Has anyone got anywhere with updating this with the new lastfmproxy (v2)?

http://github.com/php1/lastfmproxy-2.0/

Struggling here sad

Dodge wrote:

Has anyone got anywhere with updating this with the new lastfmproxy (v2)?

http://github.com/php1/lastfmproxy-2.0/

Struggling here sad

I wish I could help, but this gets a little out of my realm.  I am considering creating a last.fm source.  The issue is that the last.fm api will only allow last.fm paying members to access the streams.  I currently don't have / need a premium account (hello pandora smile ) so I am not sure when I can work on it.

Cheers.

mmm.. don't need a premiun account here in the UK (No Pandora though sad)

Dodge wrote:

Well if you listen via the web and such I don't think you don't need to.  It appears it's only if you want to make something custom, like a chumby widget.

Radio API

Who can I stream radio to?
Any API account can only stream radio to Last.fm's paid subscribers. (source)

Kind of a bummer.  Unless I'm missing something.

Cheers.

Nope you're right, it was me that missed something, now I really want Pandora in the UK, like you used to be able to with a valid zip code sad

31 (edited by timewarp 2010-01-26 13:05:38)

cbreeze wrote:
Dodge wrote:

Well if you listen via the web and such I don't think you don't need to.  It appears it's only if you want to make something custom, like a chumby widget.

Radio API

Who can I stream radio to?
Any API account can only stream radio to Last.fm's paid subscribers. (source)

Kind of a bummer.  Unless I'm missing something.

Cheers.

Hi develephant, i really admire your work with widgets that you have created for Chumby and i am willing to make you a proposal (not that kind, i am happily married ;=) )

I have received my Chumby one yesterday and i am dazzled, nicest toy that i have ever put my hands on...
But (there is always a but) i cannot use Pandora and IheartRadio as i live in Italy. Only thing that would work for me would be Last.fm as i have my paid account. I use it to stream music from my Blackberry 9520 and  am a happy camper ;=)
I would really would like to see functional widget for Last.fm in Chumby and i am willing to provide you with working account
for all time necessary for development and donate in case of success. I sure hope that i would not be only one in case of success. Please reply here so that others might be involved if you are interested and PM me if you want to start so that i can provide you with working Last.fm account.
C'mon Chumby community, let's get this running and get for us all widget that will never be released from official developers (it's not their fault, RIAA sucks and Pandora must oblige, if you deal with Pandora,Last.fm is no-no...) and make decent donation for best free developer around.

i have chumby one with firmware 1.07
this last.fm script is not working on my device
any update how to make it work?

Hi dony71 and anyone else still looking at this thread -

last.fm changed the way their streaming works a fair while ago. I have no idea how it works now, and I believe it now requires an account to be used on any kind of device as well.

If anyone wants to try and make this work, the source code is around but at the moment, I neither have the time nor an account to make it work.