Topic: Unable to download Chumby Control Panel

During the boot up process, my chumby displays the following message: Unable to download the Chumby Control Panel... Please restart blah blah blah. Could someone please tell me what is going on and how to fix it?

Thanks!!

Re: Unable to download Chumby Control Panel

we have had a few reports of strange DNS results for lookups of *.chumby.com hosts.  if you are so inclined, could you
try the following?

nslookup www.chumby.com

this should return:

www.chumby.com  canonical name = chumby.com.
Name:   chumby.com
Address: 69.43.206.68

but i'll be in your case it returns something like:

www.chumby.com.swbell.net

which will resolve itself as soon as your ISP updates their DNS cache for the chumby.com domain.  we have the time-to-live
set low, so this will clear very soon. 

we apologize for the inconvenience and will be looking to update DNS providers so that we have better control of this.

/mdkail

The best method of resolving this is to flush your DNS.  So just reboot your Internet Gateway (router).  That will flush out the DNS and clear the cache.

-Sam

I was getting this yesterday, for the first time since February. It resolved itself, it seems.

Today, I am being asked to activate the Chumby but step 4 never appears in my browser. Any help appreciated.

matt

The only reasons Step 4 wouldn't show up is:

1. grid circles are incorrect

2. chumby name (top of the page) is blank

or

3. Your network connection to chumby.com was disconnected

Let me know if this helps.

-Sam

I think the DNS issues resulted in #3

I had the same problem for about 18hours (it resolved itself this morning it seems).

I was unable to go to chumby.com with Comcast but I was able to get to it with my phone (Sprint).
Definitely some odd DNS issues.

Jerome

Please see this thread for information about the DNS issues.