Topic: Flash Lite 2.0, or Flash 6?

The sample widgets posted are all in Flash 6, not Flash Lite 2.0... is that right?
I know they work on the virtual chumby, but I don't know if it filters that stuff out...

Re: Flash Lite 2.0, or Flash 6?

FlashLite 2 is basically Flash 7 minus a few things, plus a few other things.  As long as you're not taking specific advantage of certain features, your basic Flash 7 or earlier movie will work on a chumby.

The examples were provided in Flash MX format to reach the broadest possible number of developers - many people chose not to upgrade past Flash MX because Flash MX 2004 introduced some DRM that they didn't like.

Thanks for clearing that up for me :-)
I'm new to flash, so I've only used 8.
Thanks again :-)

Is there anyway to publish them yet, or submit them to be published?
The wiki mentioned that you were working on that, and I was wondering if there was a way to submit them smile

Well, you can upload them to our service now - go to "my chumby->my widgets".  Any widget you can upload is visible only to your account.

In the next week or so, I'll be adding a checkbox that allows you to submit them for public access - this triggers an email to one of our people, who will review the widget and mark it public if it's acceptable.  If you make any changes to the widget, it will become private again and require resubmission - this is so people can't bait and switch.