1 (edited by Scaryspyder 2008-03-09 18:23:05)

Topic: Chumby can't connect to network

For the past week to 10 days, my Chumby has been acting odd.  Although I was able to connect to my network initially, over the past 10 days, Chumby seemed to lose his way to my network after being on for a while.  I'd walk by him and see him stuck on one screen with no update.  I would reset him, or reset my wireless router and Chumby would find his way back to my network.  Although I was concerned, I figured it was just a temporary thing that may get better with time.  That was...... until this weekend.  Chumby is totally lost now.  He can SEE the network, but he won't connect.  I've tried resetting passwords, deleting and re-entering the network information, and placing him right next to my wireless router... and silence..  I've tried rebooting my computer...silence.  I disabled firewalls, disabled WEP security and NOTHING seems to help Chumby get on the network.

I have two laptops and a wireless satellite connection that all continue to have access to my network without any problems.  So, I feel like I've tried to test every possible scenario.  I feel I must accept the fact that my Chumby is very sick.

I haven't dropped, mishandled, or mistreated my Chumby.  I never even raised my voice at him while he was behaving erratically.  But now I feel like he's here physically, but his mind is elsewhere.  He's like a teenager now.

I need help quickly.  I'm starting to get the shakes without my Chumby.  Can anyone help my Chumby?  He must be very confused, and can't find his way home.  I don't want to lose my Chumby, so if there is any Chumby clinic or rehab center I can send him to, please let me know.

Thank you,

Joe

Re: Chumby can't connect to network

Contact Customer Support - they'll be able to assist you.

Re: Chumby can't connect to network

Have you tried to manually assign an IP to the chumby? Just for testing purposes.