Topic: WeatherBug Widget and choosing weather station within a zip code.

I'm just wondering if anyone else is having the same issues with weatherbug...

There are many weather stations that could potentially report conditions in any given area (especially in larger cities).  But the WeatherBug Widget seems to get a default station that in my area is about 7 degrees to high on temperature.  But there are other stations in the area the report a more accurate temperature. 

Has anyone figured out a way to control which station (in your zip code/area) is reported to your widget?

Otherwise, this widget is rather unique in that is shows wind direction and speed.  This information is rather important if you are wondering if a certain weather "front" has entered the area yet.  In fact, if you load numerous widgets in an east-west or north-south pattern you can even see the rate of the fronts movement through the area.  Pretty cool.  As any weather geek knows though, the weather stations have to mount their equipment appropriately to get accurate readings.  And when my default widget reports bad temperature readings, then I also doubt the wind direction/speed information.  Thus, making a cool widget useless (the old junk-in equals junk-out).

Thanks.

Re: WeatherBug Widget and choosing weather station within a zip code.

I noticed that I occasionally will get a different location on WeatherBug when adding it to a new channel.

King Nacho

T.C.A.R.