Topic: Use the OLPC screen
* 7.5" diagonal LCD (6.0" x 4.5")
* Dual mode operation: Reflective Monochrome or Transflective Colour
* TFT LCD driving
* 1200x900, 200dpi resolution
* < 1W in colour mode, 0.2W in B&W mode
* LED backlight
* All with a target $35 cost
The author of the article seems to be confused about using color LCDs to sub-pixel render text. The screen has approximately the same resolution as a RGB stripe VGA LCD screen and text will look the same on both screens when the software is finished. It may even look better on the OLPC screen since the OLPC scren can subpixel render in 2D instead of just one on an RGB stripe display.
Click on the microscope pictures at the bottom of the article.