26 (edited by ChumbyLurker 2009-08-21 10:07:26)

Re: PHP on the chumby?

A bit offtopic, I know, but I've managed to get simple, one-shot programs compiled on OS X using the arm-linux-gnueabi toolchain from macports.  I've not yet tried large, complicated, automake-based programs, but simple things have worked.

I did need to apply the fix described here though, to get the compiler to install: http://www.nabble.com/-16662:-arm-none- … 94093.html

it's funny how many times now i google 'chumby teach a man to fish' to get those flags

Hello, I have read the topic and I have a very leim question, is the curl extension included in the binary?
In other words if you do <?php curl_init() ?> does it give you an undefined function?
That will be nice to have because I have a small restfull client on my plug computer and I would like to port it on the chumby board.
:-p

29 (edited by robomotic 2011-09-29 08:58:46)

Yes so I have installed and both curl and xml are not compiled within php:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function curl_init() in /mnt/usb-48AE-406D/lighty/html/curl.php
Fatal error: Call to undefined function xml_parser_create() in /mnt/usb-48AE-406D/lighty/html/xmpptest.php

Hello,
I built a basicPHP 5.3.9 in a scratchbox environment and it works quite well. Then I tried to include gd with libpng. I can build the php in the scratch box but on my chummy 8 I get the following message trying ./php -v:
./php: error while loading shared libraries: libpng15.so.15: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Does anybody knows what to do to eliminate the failure?
Thanks Kuttel

Try copying that library from your scratchbox environment and setting the path appropriately.  Either the library on the chumby is not the same version, or is not in the search path.