Topic: Email widget showing sent mail as well as incoming mail

Is there some setting somewhere that I can turn this off? I just want to see incoming mail. I'm using GMail, btw.

Re: Email widget showing sent mail as well as incoming mail

This should only happen with gmail.  Gmail does things a little differently from other mail servers, and we have no way of asking their server to only return incoming messages via pop3.  Fortunately, this shouldn't get in the way of seeing new messages since you were last at your computer. 

Currenly, the widget requests the most recent  x messages when it starts (x might change sometime, but if we make it larger then it would cause more delay).  We could filter out the outgoing messages (based on From field) in the UI, but that could possibly leave less than a full screen of messages to display, which wouldn't look right.  I'm open to suggestions, but remember that this won't happen with anything but gmail.

3 (edited by skada 2007-11-28 18:22:15)

I'd suggest fetching ten emails with the possibility of displaying less, but making it very likely that you'd at least fill the screen. It's not the perfect solution, but I'd much rather wait a little longer for emails to be displayed than for outgoing messages to be displayed.

Do you know if their IMAP is any different?

4 (edited by druk 2008-01-17 09:37:09)

I may be old fashion, I want to see my corporate mail that uses an IMAP server. I see the saki mail is supposed to accomodate for this, i followed all the instructions, downloaded saki AMC and the mail function just does not seem to work. I cannot find any user comments on the saki applications (sorry uh... widgets-see, old fashion again) I wonder whether anyone has tried the saki mail for IMAP servers and if so whether it worked? he saki applications do not seem to have been rated, I am surprised, they look useful  - HAS ANYONE TRIED THEM-ESP. THE MAIL ONE?