Topic: New user, so want new widgets

Just got my first (I expect to obtain at least one more in the future) chumby and LOVE it.  Great concept, great execution.  I'm not a coder and so don't understand most of the forum entries, but I've enjoyed reading them anyway.   My thanks to everyone for allowing those of us who are considerably more technically challenged to enjoy the benefits of your laboars.   A couple of ideas (my apologies if these have come up already):

1.   Any way to have night mode come on automatically?  I'd like have the chumby automatically go dark in the evening.
2.   It takes too many steps to change channels and get the new channel full screen so any way to do this quicker would be appreciated.  I have at least ten channels set up already, with anywhere from 5 to 60+ widgets in them, and frequently change channels.
3.  Would be great if Flickr widget would allow me to pull photos from a specific set.  I'd use this alot across different channels that are targeted to different topics.
4.  Another helpful widget would be to allow a user to enter a specific webcam address into the widget.  I like the webcam widgets that are available (my daughters love shamu cam in particular), but I pull up a lot of traffic related webcams to determine my best commute route.  I'd like to string widgets with the available webcams so that I can see specific high problem traffic areas in sequence, but it seems silly to create a separate widget for each individual one (or in my case ask others to do so).
5.  Any way to copy a group of configured widgets from one channel into another?  I'd like to set up some variations in highly related channels and as I have a lot of widgets in some of these channels, it would be helpful to be able to copy a group of them and their configuations from one channel into another.

Keep up the great work, and thanks again for such a cool product!

Re: New user, so want new widgets

1, 2: There are some updates in the works to handle night mode and the control panel (how you select widgets), so stay tuned... some of these may be addressed in the update.

3: this is widget issue... i didn't check to see if the flickr widget is a Chumby programmed widget, but you should direct widget issues to the widget author.

4: don't have a quick solution - someone might be working on a widget like this. in the meantime, it's a pretty easy thing to edit the sample webcam widget (see the wiki) to do what you want. even if you're not a coder, you can probably "roll your own". it's well-commented.

5: not yet.