1 (edited by scottjanousek 2007-11-26 07:47:48)

Topic: Top switch a bit "sticky"?

I noticed that an insider chumby I got recently (within last week) has a very "sticky" top switch when pressing it.

I can tell the difference between the previous chumby I had (if it helps - the model with an "ring loop" for the charm, but otherwise looks the same as the new insider model) ... and the new one.

Basically, when I click the button it feels like it's going to stick ... it's harder to press than the previous model for sure ...

Anyways, it works, it just doesn't feel as "fluid" as my other chumby.

I'm just reporting this ... not sure if my chumby is defective or whether the hardware switch mechanism was changed ...

Maybe I just need some WD-40? I guess I'll contact support and see ... but I'm just posting here, cause I know some engineers lurk here.

www.scottjanousek.com/blog | scottjanousek.mobi
Adobe Flash Lite Certified Training Instructor | Adobe Community Expert - Mobile & Devices
Coauthor, Foundation Flash Applications for Mobile Devices - www.flashmobilebook.com
O_o ... Enjoy your chumby!

2 (edited by Chumbymatt 2007-11-26 11:28:23)

Re: Top switch a bit "sticky"?

Hi scottjanousek,
Try manipulating the stuffing around the top switch as it might be a case of the leather housing being tight around the switch and causing it to stick. I do not recommend you take to the switch with WD-40....just contact support if still having issues with it.  Cheers, Matt