Topic: Chumby One alarm/timekeeping questions

Hello,

If I have a Chumby One that cannot phone home to a time server, can someone please tell me how much time (roughly) the C1 will drop every week?

and

I understand the Dash phones home once daily to update the time.  Does the C1, too, phone home once daily for a time update?

Re: Chumby One alarm/timekeeping questions

It varies. All computers (and the chumby is a little computer) should hit up a time server on a regular basis.

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

Neither device phones "home" per se.  The branded devices go to "time.chumby.com", which is just an alias for "pool.ntp.org".  We don't operate any time servers ourselves.

All branded devices normally try to sync their time every day at 3am.

Duane wrote:

All branded devices normally try to sync their time every day at 3am.

And some of them just set out on their own path.
See the picture (https://ibb.co/BsX56Dj) of four of my Chumby Classics, all set to update their time from the internet, and all on the same wireless network. Three of them get with the program, keeping the same time, whilst the fourth resolutely refuses to update its time off the internet. It's connected to the Chumby server, as you can change its channel, but when you do, it continues to display the same incorrect time.

On that device, go to the Settings->Time/Date, and toggle the "Set time from the Internet" checkbox, and see if that causes it to update immediately.

Another thing to try is a firmware update just to refresh any thing that might have bitrot.